Monday, June 18, 2007

Country Farmer--City Begger

I had a little break from posting here as I was at the Philly Wizard Con this past weekend, you can see the pics from there on my other blog.

Todays pics are from Kunimg and on the bus ride there. We saw a lot of very beautiful countryside on the ride between Kunming and Dali. Lots of terraced farms where they were growing all kinds of vegtables from rice to soybeans etc.

The other pictures of the begger lady are from Kunming. We saw the same lady in two different spots in the same afternoon, so either her "begger pimp" moved her around or she could move pretty good herself. The story I heard about how many of these people became beggers, kidnapped and crippled as children, raised to be beggers is one of the most terrible things I have ever heard.




No comments: